Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blog Feature - Not So Shabby Chic

Some people are talented. I mean really talented. The kind of talented that makes the rest of us go, "Hey! No fair! Share the wealth!" Well, today's feature, Not So Shabby Chic is an example of one of those really talented people. And Rebecca, Not So Shabby Chic's really talented gal, is sharing the wealth in her shop on Etsy. Besides being insanely talented, she's also one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Let's find out some stuff about her!
Don't you just think this decoupaged Victorian roses heart key chain is to die for cute?

Being constantly cold, I feel as if this green merino/acrylic sarflette neckwarmer and I need to be BFF.

Isn't Snowie the Needle Felted Snowman just the cutest little man you've ever seen?

Are you sick of hearing from me yet? Well, on to Rebecca's responses to our five questions!


1) My favorite product to make... hmm that's a tough one... I guess I'll have to go with my needle felted critters, especially when I'm coming up with a new one!

2) I get my inspiration from various sources: I get a lot from nature, I get some from my buyer's requests, and sometimes I get them from other people like family and friends!

3) I have always been a crafter ever since I was a little girl; my mom is very crafty and she always had me involved in making things with her. She taught me how to knit, crochet, and sew when I was around 8 years old, and she also taught me various other crafts. I love making things for other people, but sometimes they don't always appreciate it... but I found I couldn't stop crafting! So, my little shop was born! I figured if people were willing to pay money for my crafts then they would definitely appreciate them. I also found it very cool to think that my crafts would end up all around the world. Needle felting was something I discovered once I came on Etsy, and I loved the look of it so much I decided to teach myself -- and I'm so glad I did!

4) On a rainy Tuesday night you can find me sitting on my couch with my cats, my laptop, and my crafts -- I'm usually busy chatting away in Etsy's chat rooms while simultaneously working on orders or a new item.

5) I have had my hands in various crafts that I don't even have featured in my shop (yet) -- crafts such as quilling and flower-arranging and calligraphy and quilting -- almost nothing is off-limits! I enjoy it all! Through crafting I find a sense of relaxation and I also feel rewarded. I urge anyone who doesn't craft to try and find one to their liking -- there are so many different kinds out there! :)


Okay, if you're not totally in love with Not So Shabby Chic by now, well, you must not be human. Go check it out and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment